Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:00am - 6:30pm (Virtual appointments only)
Tuesday: 11:00am - 6:30pm (Virtual appointments only)
Thursday: 10:30am - 6:30pm (Virtual and In-Office available)
Friday: 9:00am - 2:00pm (Virtual and In-Office available)
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE FIRST APPOINTMENT?
At your first appointment you will express your reasons for coming to therapy, and generate some realistic goals. At the end of this session we should both have a good sense of our ability to work together.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I COME FOR INDIVIDUAL THERAPY?
Everyone has varying preferences and factors (personal, finances and commitments) to consider when deciding how often to meet with a therapist. You may require longer or more frequent sessions at various times. On average, most people will have one 50 minute session on a weekly basis for the first 6-8 weeks. The sessions gradually decrease as therapeutic goals are achieved and personal struggles are lessened and become more manageable.
HOW LONG WILL THERAPY LAST?
Each client is unique and the duration of therapy has to do with several factors including how ready you are to work now, how deeply you are able to work, how much therapy you have done before, and the quality of our therapeutic relationship. I can provide both short-term and long-term therapy. The course of therapy can be decided at the beginning of therapy or continue to be discussed as the work progresses.
HOW CAN THERAPY HELP ME?
Therapy can offer clients several benefits such as support, awareness, insight and new strategies for all types of life challenges. Many issues can be addressed in therapy such as depression, anxiety, relationship troubles, unresolved childhood issues, trauma, grief, stress management, body image issues and creative blocks. Many people also find that therapists can be a tremendous asset to managing personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, and the hassles of daily life. The benefits you obtain from therapy depend on how engaged you are in the process and then using what you learn in your daily life.
Some of the benefits available from therapy include:
• Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
• Developing skills for improving your relationships
• Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
• Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
• Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
• Improving communications and listening skills
• Changing old behaviour patterns and developing new ones
• Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or friends
• Learning effective communication and relationship skills
• Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
• Make sense of past traumatic experiences, identify triggers
• Identify and end destructive habits and patterns in your life
Everyone goes through challenging situations in life, and while you may have successfully navigated through other difficulties you have faced, there is nothing wrong with seeking out extra support when you need it.
WHAT IS THERAPY LIKE?
Each person has different issues and goals for therapy, as well as different strengths and preferences for artistic methods of engagement, so the process will be different depending on the individual. In general, you can expect to discuss the current events happening in your life, your personal history relevant to your issue, and report progress (or any new insights gained) from the previous therapy session. Depending on your specific needs, therapy can be short-term, for a specific issue, or longer-term, to deal with more difficult patterns or your desire for more personal development. Either way, it is most common to schedule regular sessions with your therapist (usually weekly).
It is important to understand that you will get more results from therapy if you actively participate in the process. The ultimate purpose of therapy is to help you bring what you learn in session back into your life. Therefore, beyond the work you do in therapy sessions, your therapist may suggest some things you can do outside of therapy to support your process - such as reading a pertinent book, journaling on specific topics, noting particular behaviors or taking action on your goals. People seeking psychotherapy are ready to make positive changes in their lives, are open to new perspectives and take responsibility for their lives.
WHAT IS YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY?
Successful therapy requires a high level of trust and confidentiality is one of the most important components between a client and therapist. All the information you share verbally or in writing, and all artwork created will not be shared with anyone and will be kept securely stored. The law protects this information and the relationship between a client and a therapist and cannot be disclosed without written consent. It is every therapist's ethical and legal obligation to inform you of all limits to confidentiality.
The only exceptions to confidentiality include:
• If there is suspected abuse or neglect to a child or vulnerable adult (dependent or elder).
• If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person.
• If a client intends to harm himself or herself, every effort will be made to obtain their cooperation to guarantee their safety. If they do not cooperate, the law requires further measures to be taken without client permission in order to ensure their safety.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT ARE ACCEPTED?
Cash, all major credit cards and email money transfers are accepted as payment. Payment is given at the end of session and a receipt is emailed to you upon transaction. *Please note: debit is NOT accepted.
WILL MY INSURANCE OR EXTENDED HEALTH BENEFITS COVER YOUR SERVICES?
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please call your insurance provider or employer ahead of time and ask the questions below: ** Please note that Jade Honce is registered as a CCC with the CCPA. Jade is also registered with the BCACC as an RCC.
• Do I have mental health benefits?
• What is my deductible and has it been met?
• How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
• How much is covered per therapy session?
• What are the necessary credential requirements of the provider?
• Is approval required from my primary care physician?
*Jade is registered with Green Shield, Homewood Health, BCI (aka Brown Crawshaw), and Arete under the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Late cancellations and missed appointments require full payment for the cost of the session.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
You can schedule an appointment online through the website contact form, by email, or calling directly at 604-849-2949.