"Remember, we are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we're so deeply inner connected with one another. Working on our own consciousness is the most important thing that we are doing at any moment, and being love is the supreme creative act."
-- Ram Dass
As a therapist, I believe in working collaboratively with my clients, adapting my approach to meet their unique needs and goals. My therapeutic orientation is grounded in strengths-based, person-centered, and psychodynamic principles, which allow me to help clients explore their thoughts, feelings, and experiences in a safe and supportive environment.
In addition to traditional talk therapy, I draw from a range of modalities, including Somatic Experiencing, Internal Family Systems, and the Creative Arts Therapies, to help clients tap into their innate creativity, resources, and wisdom. I also offer evidence-based therapies like Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and mindfulness skills training, as needed, to help clients address specific concerns and achieve their therapeutic goals.
My goal as a therapist is to empower clients to develop a deeper understanding of themselves, build resilience, and create meaningful change in their lives. If you're looking for a compassionate and skilled therapist to support you on your journey towards healing and growth, I would be honored to work with you.
In my counselling services I offer:
• Significant experience in working with women who suffer from stress, anxiety, and depression.
• Significant experience working with those who have experienced acute, chronic or complex trauma (ex. car accident, physical abuse and sexual abuse/assault, developmental and intergenerational trauma) and are suffering with symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD and Complex PTSD).
• Guidance for women struggling with relationship challenges. I can help you build the skills needed to navigate being single, dating or in a relationship, managing family dynamics and conflict, and professional relationships.
• Support to clients in re-establishing and maintaining healthy boundaries.
• Support to women struggling with low self-worth and shame. Support to women seeking empowerment and authenticity in their daily lives.
• Support to those struggling with burnout in their careers, going through transitions and experiencing grief and loss.
• Skill building - including communication, boundary setting, coping skills, decision making, goal setting, problem solving, and mindfulness training.
What you can expect in our sessions:
• My full presence, warmth, compassion, and unconditional acceptance which form the foundation of our therapeutic relationship.
• Guidance and support in identifying and challenging unconscious patterns of thinking and behaving that may be causing you suffering.
• A safe and non-judgemental environment space where you can explore and express thoughts and emotions that may have been held back or suppressed.
• A trauma-informed approach that prioritizes building a trusting, secure relationship, fostering a sense of safety, and empowering you in your healing journey.
• Mindful exercises that encourage introspection, insight, integration, and inner peace.
• Helping you cultivate hope and find creative, effective ways of responding to the challenges you face in life.
Therapy can provide numerous benefits, including:
• Gaining a deeper understanding of yourself, your values and your goals.
• Improving your relationships with others.
• Reduce levels of stress, anxiety and depression.
• Identify and end destructive habits and patterns in your life.
• Strengthened intuition and trust in your own sense of knowing and decision making.
• Increasing your emotional awareness.
• Increased self-esteem, self-acceptance and self-compassion.
• Developing a greater sense of control and ability to share inner thoughts.
• Making sense of past traumatic experiences, learn about trauma and the nervous system, re-establish a sense of safety, identify triggers, develop healthy coping skills, decrease traumatic stress symptoms and trauma processing or integration.
If you need help or support in any of these areas I am ready to help and guide you through it.
It takes courage to reach out for support and ask for help. it is also not easy to decide who is the right person to support you on your healing journey. As part of my practice I offer you a complimentary phone consultation to help you make that choice with confidence. Please go to the “Contact Us” page on this website to find my contact details. I look forward to connecting with you.