My approach to therapy is collaborative and flexible to suit the needs of each individual client. My primary orientation's are strengths based, person-centered and psychodynamic. In addition to traditional talk therapy, I offer interventions based in Somatic Experiencing, Internal Family Systems, and the Creative Arts Therapies. I also offer Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Trauma Focused - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and mindfulness skills training as needed.
In my counselling services I offer:
• Specialized knowledge in working with women affected by stress, anxiety, and depression.
• Significant experience working with those who have experienced acute, chronic or complex trauma (ex. car accident, physical abuse and sexual abuse/assault, developmental and intergenerational trauma) and are suffering with symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD and Complex PTSD).
• Support to women struggling with relationship challenges. I can help you build the skills needed to navigate being single, dating or in a relationship, managing family dynamics and conflict, and professional relationships.
• Support to clients in re-establishing and maintaining healthy boundaries.
• Support to women struggling with low self-worth and shame. Support to women seeking empowerment and authenticity in their daily lives.
• Support to those struggling with burnout in their careers, going through transitions and experiencing grief and loss.
• Skill building - including communication, boundary setting, coping skills, decision making, goal setting, problem solving, and mindfulness training.
What you can expect in our sessions:
• My full presence, warmth, compassion, and unconditional acceptance as part of a genuine therapeutic relationship.
• Guidance and support in uncovering unconscious habits, beliefs and assumptions that are causing you suffering.
• Offering you a neutral and safe space to release withheld thoughts and feelings while experiencing nourishment and containment in the process.
• Trauma-informed practice which involves developing a strong, supportive relationship with each individual client, creating and maintaining a sense of safety within the relationship and empowering clients in therapy.
• Engagement in intentional exercises that allow for mindful exploration, insightful discovery, internal integration and peace.
• Helping you find hope and discover new creative responses to challenging situations in your life.
Benefits to therapy include:
• Attain a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values.
• improve your relationships.
• Reduce levels of stress, anxiety and depression.
• Identify and end destructive habits and patterns in your life.
• Strengthened intuition and trust in your own sense of knowing and decision making.
• Increased level of emotional awareness.
• Increased self-esteem, self-acceptance and self-compassion.
• Increased sense of control and ability to share inner thoughts.
• Make sense of past traumatic experiences, learn about trauma and the nervous system, re-establish a sense of safety, identify triggers, develop healthy coping skills, decrease traumatic stress symptoms and trauma processing or integration.
If you need help or support in any of these areas I am ready to help and guide you through it.
It takes courage to reach out for support and ask for help. it is also not easy to decide who is the right person to support you on your healing journey. As part of my practice I offer you a complimentary phone consultation to help you make that choice with confidence. Please go to the “Contact Us” page on this website to find my contact details. I look forward to connecting with you.
"Remember, we are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we're so deeply inner connected with one another. Working on our own consciousness is the most important thing that we are doing at any moment, and being love is the supreme creative act."
-- Ram Dass